Located in Asahikawa, Hokkaido. A standard twin room (19 ㎡) is available here. For breakfast, you can enjoy a buffet with a panoramic view of the Daisetsuzan mountain range.
This modern hotel in an urban setting is a 3-minute walk from Tokiwa Park, 1 km from Asahikawa train station and 5 km from the Snow Museum.
Streamlined rooms feature pale-wood furniture, flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi, plus tea and coffeemaking facilities. Family rooms have tatami floors and futons, and sleep up to 12 people. Suites include sitting areas or living rooms. Room service is available.
Dining options include a patisserie and 3 restaurants, ranging from casual to formal. A spa offers hot tubs, a sauna, and a steam room. Other amenities include a fitness center, 5 meeting rooms, and coin-operated laundry facilities.
For group Inquiries please Contact us.
For FIT instant booking, access Gorilla Japan site.
Get more information about Gorilla Japan.
Create your Travel Agent Access ID NOW
*Please read before you contact us [Handling of Personal Information Notice]
About prevention of spread of new coronavirus infection
Request to customers
- We ask for your cooperation in hand washing, alcohol disinfection, and thorough cough etiquette.
- At check-in, we will measure the temperature of all guests and confirm the identity of the guest representative.
- We ask for your cooperation in entering accurate information on the guest list in order to cooperate in grasping the guest’s information and situation, such as epidemiological surveys conducted by the health center.
- Please secure a social distance.
- (Please use when lining up to enter the facility, when getting on the elevator, when making a payment, and at intervals with other people.)
- Fever of 37.5 degrees or higher, symptoms similar to a cold, respiratory symptom (cough) Please be sure to inform the front desk at the time of onset.
- When there is a request, the hotel will promptly contact the health center and take appropriate action under the direction of the health center.
Practice by employees
- Thoroughly wash your hands, disinfect with alcohol, and wear a mask to ensure cough etiquette.
Initiatives at the front desk
- Keep a certain distance from the customer when serving customers.
- A droplet infection prevention sheet is installed at the front desk.
- To reduce the density, we will reduce the number of simultaneous receptions at the front desk and keep the distance between customers and employees.
- A standing position mark is installed. (Securing social distance waiting for reception) The
- front desk staff manages the temperature measurement every day.
- We disinfect front equipment, ballpoint pens, desk mats, etc. every hour.
- If you are offered an onset during your stay, we will advise you to contact a medical institution in advance to receive a medical examination.
- We support the introduction of medical institutions to customers who wish to receive medical examinations at medical institutions.
Initiatives at restaurants, banquet halls, spa facilities, etc.
- We will be closed or reduced as necessary.
- Alcohol disinfectants are installed in various parts of the facility.
- We will reduce the density by arranging seats to maintain a certain distance.
- The buffet restaurant regularly exchanges shared equipment cooking tongs and tableware.
- We also have a menu prepared in advance for one person.
- We will adjust the amount of serving and increase the rotation of dishes on the buffet line.
Initiatives in common areas in the building
- We frequently disinfect places and items that are directly touched by an unspecified number of people, such as handrails, doorknobs, and elevator buttons.
- We have shared toilets and installed disinfectants in private rooms for employees.
- A standing position mark is set on the elevator to limit the number of people who can use it.
- The Japan Tourism Agency has announced that it is desirable to refrain from group trips for young people, group trips for the elderly who are prone to becoming severely ill, and trips involving banquets for a large number of people, as they are generally considered to be at high risk. We kindly request that you take steady infection prevention measures for the relevant trips and implement them appropriately.
More info : https://www.art-asahikawa.com/covid19_hotel/
- TV set
- Refrigerator (empty)
- Electric pot
- Hair dryer (equipped with bathroom)
- Air purifier with humidification function
- Mobile phone charger
- Shower toilet
- Body soap
Hokkaido Sky Terrace MINORI (15F)
Buffet restaurant “Minori” with a panoramic view of the Daisetsuzan mountain range.The whole of Hokkaido is condensed into the dishes that incorporate the blessings of the land of Hokkaido.In the live kitchen served by the hotel chef, you can enjoy a wide variety of dishes such as teppanyaki grill and tempura.
|Morning buffet||6: 45-10: 00|
|Lunch buffet||11: 30-14: 30 (Last order 14:00)|
|Dinner buffet||17: 30-21: 00 (Last order 20:30)|
Japanese restaurant Arashiyama (1F)
A Japanese restaurant that pursues a delicate taste with a focus on ingredients from Hokkaido.
A variety of dishes that are reminiscent of seasonal colors and delicate handicrafts. The interior is full of the scent of white wood and the atmosphere of bamboo grove, and you can spend a luxurious time surrounded by soft lights and warmth.
The menu, which ranges from single dishes to kaiseki dishes, is a satisfying selection even if you come alone.
|Dinner time||17: 30-22: 00 (21:00 last order)|
Art Hotel Asahikawa
- 5 minutes by car or 15 minutes on foot from JR Asahikawa Station (North Exit).
- 40 minutes by bus from Asahikawa Airport / 7 Get off at Showa-dori stop (in front of the hotel)
- Convenience and urban functions are fused with the quiet beauty along the green road.
- There is a direct bus stop in front of the hotel that connects Asahikawa Airport and the hotel.
- Smooth transportation access supports a comfortable network for tourism and business.
|Street address||6-29-2, 7-dori, Asahikawa-shi, Hokkaido 070-0037|