Located in Kyoto. West Twin Room (22㎡) is available here. Offering a Western & Japanese style buffet breakfast.
A hotel that combines the best of Kyoto’s stylish culture and Britain’s traditional heritage. The design is based on the arts and crafts of Scotland, particularly Edinburgh, its ancient capital. In fact Kyoto and Edinburgh are not only sister cities in name, but they also share many traits such as the lively street atmosphere and traditional culture. This hotel expresses the relationship between the two cities through its traditional architecture and warm atmosphere.
This international class hotel, situated in the city center, is located five minutes from the Kyoto Art Center. Guests can easily access the Kyoto Imperial Palace and Nijo Castle as well as the Meishin Expressway in 15 minutes. The hotel is within close proximity to a substantial amount of cultural, historical, and tourist attractions. The hotel offers 327 refined rooms that are decorated with a prominent, striking, and passive Oriental theme. Guests can enjoy a delectable compilation of cuisines at the Hamatoku Restaurant which serves delicious French and Japanese dishes in a quiet environment. The Hotel Monterey Kyoto is ideal for travelers that want accommodation close to business buildings.
For group Inquiries please Contact us.
For FIT instant booking, access Gorilla Japan site.
Get more information about Gorilla Japan.
Create your Travel Agent Access ID NOW
*Please read before you contact us [Handling of Personal Information Notice]
Source: © Hotel Monterey Group
Source: © Hotel Monterey Group
Our Countermeasures Against the spread of COVID-19
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for your continued patronage of Hotel Monterey Group.
Hotel Monterey Group is taking countermeasures against the COVID-19 pandemic so our guests can rest at ease.
We ask for your cooperation and understanding regarding the countermeasures stated below.
■ Antibacterial Wet Wipes w/ Alcohol and Heat-Resistant Paper Cups
We are providing guests with antibacterial wet wipes w/ alcohol and heat-resistant paper cups as part its countermeasures against the COVID-19 pandemic. Guests can avail of this amenity during check-in. Each person may only receive one of each item.
*Quantities are limited. Please note that this amenity is only valid while supplies last.
■ Our Staff’s Efforts● All of our staff wear masks when serving guests and some are also wear face guards/protective glasses when serving customers.
● Plexiglass barriers are installed at Front Desk and Cashier.
● Our staff undergoes daily body temperature and health inspections. Those with fevers or are of poor health will be staying at home. Our staff is also educated on wearing masks when working, frequent and thorough handwashing, gargling, and disinfecting their fingers with alcohol.
● We carry out regular ventilation.
● We regularly disinfect our elevators, toilets, and other public spaces frequently touched by our guests (via alcohol).
● We highly recommend paying via electronic payment when settling your bill. We use cash trays for cash and credit card payments.
■Our Requests for our Guests● Please wear masks.
● Please use hand sanitizers located at some area at the hotel.
● Please cooperate with temperature screening.
(For guests shown to have a temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher on our temperature inspection during check-in, we recommend for them to stay in their room and be examined by a medical institution.)
● Please wash your hands and gargle.
● Please keep social distances.
● Please note that we will not accept guests with fevers or are in poor health.
● The smoking room may be temporarily unavailable or have its capacity restricted.
*Guest must fill out our check sheet concerning their physical condition and travel history.
- Writing Desk
- Letter Set (stationary, envelopes)
- Laundry Bag
- Complimentary Internet (LAN connection)
- Wardrobe (coat-hangers, shoe-shine, shoe-horn)
- Toilet (with bidet)
- Air Conditioner (hot & cold)
- Air purifier / Humidifier (Plasmacluster filter)
- Hand Towels
- Face Towels
- Bath Towels
- Bath Mat
- Body Soap
- Medicinal Hand / Face Soap
- Toothbrush Set
- Cotton Wool / Cotton Buds
- Shower Cap
At Hotel Monterey Kyoto we offer a Western & Japanese style buffet breakfast.
- Open: 7:00-10:00
Source: © Hotel Monterey Group
SUBWAY Karasuma/Tozai Line
・3 minutes on foot from Exit 6 of Karasuma Oike Station on the Karasuma or Tozai Subway lines.
SUBWAY Karasuma/Hankyu Kyoto Line
・5 minutes on foot from Exit 22 of Karasuma Station on the Hankyu Kyoto line or from Shijo Station on the Karasuma Subway line.
From the airport
- From Kansai International Airport
・Take No.8 direct bus to Kyoto Station(88 mins).Then take Subway Karasuma/Tozai Line, 3 minutes on foot from Exit 6 of Karasuma Oike Station on the Karasuma or Tozai Subway lines.
・Take limited express train HARUKA to Kyoto Station(75mins).Then take Subway Karasuma/Tozai Line,3minutes on foot from Exit 6 of Karasuma Oike Station on the Karasuma or Tozai Subwaylines.
- About 30 minutes by car along Route 1 from Kyoto-Higashi Interchange on the Meishin Expressway.
- About 30 minutes by car along Route 1 from Kyoto-Minami Interchange Exit 1 on the Meishin Expressway.
- out 8 minutes by car from JR Kyoto Station
Built in 1603, this cyprus-wood castle with extensive gardens was a home for the shogun Ieyasu.
Distance: 15 min. from hotel (by foot)
Kyoto International Manga Museum
Museum featuring an extensive array of Japanese comic books & graphic novels, plus reading areas.
Distance: 6 min. from hotel (by foot)
Convenience store chain offering a wide variety of hot & cold drinks & snacks. Many offer fuel.
Distance: 1 min. from hotel (by foot)
Nishiki Market Shopping District
Nishiki Market is a marketplace in downtown Kyoto, located on the east end of Nishikikōji Street, one block north and parallel to Shijō Street
Distance: 8 min. from hotel (by foot)
Historic hexagonal Buddhist temple considered the birthplace of the art of ikebana flower arranging.
Distance: 2 min. from hotel (by foot)
Kyoto Shigaku Kaikan Conference Hall
Abbreviated as ICC Kyoto and previously called the Kyoto International Conference Hall, is a large conference facility located at Takaragaike, Sakyō-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan. The Kyoto Protocol was signed in this hall.
Distance: 12 min. from hotel (by foot)